1Koprivshtitsa originated in the 14th century. The population of the village was engaged in cattle breeding, abattoir, fur, painting and other crafts. Koprivshtitsa also turned out to be good merchants, reaching as far as Constantinople and Alexandria. The rich and well-developed village was thrown off and burned by the kardjali three times and risen again from the ashes to reach its greatest prosperity in the nineteenth century when there were over 1,000 houses and nearly 12,000 inhabitants. During this period, spacious houses, schools, churches, fountains, bridges are being built. In 1837 Neophyte Rilski opened a mutual school and 9 years later Naiden Gerov founded the first Bulgarian self-school.
2 In 1864 a class school was opened, and three years later Todor Kableshkov founded a pupil company “Zora”. In 1869 the Chitalishte was opened. In the same year Vassil Levski set up a revolutionary committee. At that time, Lyuben Karavelov, born in Koprivshtitsa, heads the Bulgarian Revolutionary Central Committee (BRCC) in Bucharest. On April 20, 1876, the first rifle started here, which marked the beginning of the heroic April Epic of the Bulgarian people. The uprising was announced by Todor Kableshkov, and another gorilla – Gavrail Hlatev, known to the generations as Georgi Benkovski – the unforgiving and ardent leader of the popular rebellion, heroically killed in the Teteven Balkan, stood at the head.
Koprivshtitsa is situated 1060 meters above sea level on both sides of the Topolka river. Not far from it, the two largest peaks in Sredna Gora – Bogdan / 1604m / and Bunaya / 1594m /. Koprivshtitsa most conveniently travels by car, and from Sofia on the beautiful sub-Balkan road the distance is 110 km. From Bourgas, the kilometers are about 300. If you come from southern Bulgaria, via Plovdiv or Pazardjik, the road through Panagyurishte and Strelcha is a good choice. It is more difficult to travel to the city from northern Bulgaria as they have to cross some of the mountain passes or pass through Sofia.
Koprivshtitsa is a miniature treasury with its remarkable monuments of architecture and construction from the epoch of the Bulgarian Revival / 18-19 c. / RTI & gt; The city has preserved its original appearance, depicting hundreds of ancient houses, which together with fountains, vaulted bridges, cobblestone streets, tall stone walls and churches form a unique ensemble.
The architectural and historical monuments of the Renaissance are here 388. Of these, fifteen are of national importance. In 1952, Koprivshtitsa has been declared a town museum since 1971. is an architectural and historical reserve, and in 1978, is recognized as a national architectural reserve of international importance and a center of international tourism.
The Renaissance complex was built by local masters for 25 years and is an interesting architectural ensemble. The oldest building, built in 1810, is the “winter house”. Luben and Petko Karavelovi are born there. Both of them remain in history as personalities doomed their lives to Bulgaria.
House-museum Lyuben Karavelov
The house was built between 1853 and 1856 on the order of the wealthy Koprivshtitsa trader Nencho Oslekov. Creation of mouth Mincho and Kosta Zograf – representatives of the Samokov school